Home > Abotu Us > Organization Structure
El Ruhama has two Boards which meet annually to ensure that the El Ruhama Secretariat is equipped to deliver its part of the Strategic and Operational Plans and oversees its Budget. The power to manage the Secretariat is delegated to the El Ruhama Executive Director.
Our Board of Directors
El Ruhama Board of Directors is the organization's governing body, elected by the members at an annual meeting. All members are responsible for gaining a basic understanding and initiating action in support of RODHA's mission, goals and programs. This includes assisting in expanding El Ruhama outreach and increasing its visibility and donor support. All board members are volunteers and serve without compensation.
The duties of the Board of Supervisors are to:
- Appoint the Executive Director.
- Supervise and approve the work of the Executive Board and Board Committees.
- Adopt the annual financial accounts of the Foundation.
- Approve the Foundation's purpose and beliefs.
- Approve the Foundation's constitutional documents.
- Approve the Strategic Plan.
The Board of Directors appoints El Ruhama president, treasurer and secretary. The president appoints the rest of El Ruhama executive team, including the chief operating officer, general counsel and senior vice presidents of finance, IT and administration, human resources, program, and external relations.
Duties and responsibilities are to:
- Manage the Foundation and organize the jointly agreed common activities Prepare, implement and update the El Ruhama Strategic Plan through consultations.
- Maintain and update the risk register of the Foundation, and manage risks.
- Prepare an annual accountability report.
- Establish working groups.
- Prepare the Foundation’s purposes and beliefs, Code of Conduct and Rules of Procedure.
- Make proposals on confederation growth to the Board of Supervisors.
- Prepare policy and strategy documents and programs, and delegating the development of more detailed plans, policies and protocols to working groups.
- Ensure that a common and coordinated implementation of such documents and programs is accomplished.