Home > About Us > Accountability and Learning
In all our work we aspire to uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity (responding to need), independence and impartiality. We comply with these principles when we give assist civilians populations. We work and accountable to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct and the Sphere standards of humanitarian response.
Accountability and Learning
We have internal control systems and professionally qualified staff to ensure that we are effectively using our funds. We aspire to be a learning organization, with real time evaluations, program reviews, a published accountability report, and complaints and whistle blowing policies. Through these procedures, we seek to hold ourselves accountable to our supporters, partners, beneficiaries and the general public
Our accountability to stakeholders
- As an organization and as individuals, we act ethically.
- We treat all people with respect.
- We are open and transparent about the work we do and how we do it.
- Our stakeholders participate in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our work.
- We are effective stewards of the financial resources entrusted to us and the natural environment in which we live.
- We commit to achieving demonstrable impact for our stakeholders, using their feedback to innovate, learn and improve.
Transparency & Accountability
Operates efficiently with minimal fundraising and administrative costs: We strive to commit $0.90 of every dollar directly to our field programs. Our organizational have got accurate financial system management is evident in the top scores we receive from the independent, third-party rating agencies listed above.
Financial efficiency is one indicator of organizational health; a guarantee of effective programs is absolutely essential. And we insist on independent, external assessments of our programs as well: we regularly undertake external assessments to evaluate our program impact, coverage, coherence, relevance, sustainability, effectiveness, and efficiency, and we’ve developed quality management procedures and an internal auditing system designed to streamline our capabilities and optimize our resource use.
We are committed to a policy of transparency and disclosure by ensuring that key financial information is publicly available with guarantees of good management.